ENGAGED to Facilitate Energy Efficiency Data Disclosures
Over a three-year period, the ENGAGE team will work on developing a standardised energy efficiency data disclosure template for mortgage and home renovation loans in line with the most relevant European regulations. The template will be operationalised through the Green Investment Portal (GIP).
The project methodology is as follows:
- Analysis and assessment of the relevant regulatory requirements on sustainable finance to identify the key data to report the energy efficiency of home loan renovations and green mortgages in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Development of a standardised data template for the collection of energy efficiency data based on harmonized definitions with existing reporting requirements, such as the ESMA loan-by-loan RMBS taxonomy under the Securitisation Regulation (EU) 2017/2402 as well as the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD). Both pieces of legislation are currently under revision.
- Development of a data quality framework to ensure high quality of the energy efficiency information.
- Development of a platform called the “Green Investment Portal” integrating EU Taxonomy Regulation and Delegated Acts requirements to provide transparency and attract investments into “green products”.
- Facilitation of the creation of a European sustainable finance ecosystem interconnected with existing infrastructures via the GIP.
- Piloting and evaluation of the project results in the Netherlands and Spain with Woonnu and UCI.
- Analysis, integration, and reduction of risks for energy efficiency investments across the European Union.